To become a qualified and fully recognised International Registered Marine Insulation IRMII Inspector you need to take the course, sit and pass the examination.
By the end of the course candidates will achieve the IRMII inspector qualification and will be able to:
• Understand the differences between generic types of thermal insulation and the relevant application methods
• Understand inspection and test plan requirements
• Effectively inspect surface preparation, tool/mould setup and application of different types of wet and dry thermal insulation systems
• Complete surveillance and monitoring during thermal insulation application
• Provide accurate and timely reporting to clients
Upon successful completion of the examination, you will be awarded the IRMII inspector qualification valid for five years, a valuable career enhancement accredited through the International Institute of Marine Surveying.
Over the duration of the week long course you will learn about and be taught:
• Introduction to reasons for insulation and background on failures
• Inspection Duties and Requirements
• Pipeline coatings plants and processes
• Fusion Bonded Epoxy (FBE), 3 Layer Extruded PP and PE, Moulded Polyurethane, Concrete
• Weight Coating (CWC), Coatings – Selection of coating
• Alternatives to Wet or Dry Insulation
• Hydrates or wax in pipelines – Inhibitors and Direct Electric Heating (DEH)
• Insulation Purpose
• Insulation types
• Polymerization and Crystallization of Wet
• Insulation Materials
• Material Selection
• Surface Preparation, Inspection and Testing
• Coating Application
• Insulation Inspection and Testing
• Field Joint Coating
This IRMII Inspector course is being presented after considerable investment and development by WGIM, a part of the global company, Wood Group. The need for this course has been recognised within the industry and thus has been developed by the main players in the field of coatings. Several courses have been successfully run and the number of qualified, accredited International Registered Marine Insulation Inspectors is growing fast.
We would express our appreciation to the following companies for their time, effort, advice, guidance and utmost dedication. Those involved include:
• Advanced Insulation Systems • BrederoShaw • Heerema • Heriot Watt University • Technip • Trelleborg • WGIM • Elcometer instruments
The course content is overseen by a steering group comprised of representatives of each of the above organisations, who are recognised as industry experts in their own right.
For further information about the IRMII Inspector qualification and course details please email.