IIMS (The International Institute of Marine Surveying) is the accrediting body for those who successfully pass the International Registered Marine Insulation Inspectors course.
IIMS is an independent, non-political organisation promoting the professionalism, recognition and training of marine surveyors worldwide.
IIMS is the professional body and has a worldwide membership of 1,000 members in 98 countries. It is the largest organisation of its kind and seeks to represent its industry to government and non governmental organisations such as the International Marine Organisation (IMO), Coastguards, insurance companies and ship owners.
The IIMS provides a range of services to its members, allied organisations and to the wider shipping and boating world, including:
• Maintaining a comprehensive database of qualified marine surveyors
• Professional training courses for marine surveyors
• A distance learning BTEC HNC and HND education programme in marine surveying awarded by edexcel
• The Report, a quarterly publication highlighting key marine surveying topics and news
• Conferences and meetings internationally providing a place for the marine surveying industry to meet
• Acting as an MCA approved vessel coding authority duly authorised by the Maritime & Coastguard Agency